Spruce up your house and learn how to paint a bathroom to give it a new, fresh look. Painting is one of the least expensive ways to make a home look like new. Paint can hide flaws, make a room look clean, and brighten an otherwise dreary room. Bathrooms can show wear and tear since they are one of the most used rooms in the home. Paint a bathroom to make it a place you’ll like spending time.
To paint a bathroom, you will need:
- Cloth and water
- // Semi-gloss paint
- Roller and tray
- Blue painter’s tape
- Prepare the room. Wipe down the walls to remove any dirt and dust if needed with a wet cloth. Let them dry. Remove any outlet covers and light switches so you can paint under them. Also remove hardware like toilet paper roll holders or towel racks if possible so you don’t paint them. If this isn’t possible, tape them so paint doesn’t get on them.
- Tape off the room before painting. Begin the job of painting your bathroom by preparing the room by taping off areas that won’t be painted or areas where two colors of paint will be used. If you’ll be painting the walls one color and the baseboards another color, tape off the baseboards so you can paint the walls first.
- Begin painting. Apply paint with a roller on the large areas of the ceiling first then the walls. Then paint the small nook and cranny areas with a paintbrush. These areas include close to the ceiling, around baseboards and door frames, and close to light switches and outlets.
- Remove any paint as it spills. It’s likely that you’ll splatter or spill some paint so have a wet rag handy to wipe up any paint right away. Step back from time to time to look and clean up as you go.
- Paint the contrast color. If you’ll be painting contrasting colors, paint the second color after the first paint color dries so you can tape off any areas you need to.
- Replace covers and hardware. After the paint is dry, replace light switch covers, outlet covers, and towel racks.
Rayco Painting is an Oakland house painting contractor
Rayco painting is an Oakland Ca painting contractor
Rayco Painting is a licensed Oakland CA Painting contractor